Open Enrollment for Health Insurance Marketplaces
The open enrollment period for health insurance begins on November 1, 2017, and ends on January 31, 2018. During that time, you can purchase or renew your health insurance plan through Covered California, our state’s individual health insurance marketplace.
If you, your family, or friends do not receive health insurance through your employer, you can sign up for coverage during this time period. Please visit Covered California at https://www.coveredca.com/ or call 1-800-300-1506 for details about available plans.
Covered California offers the following benefits:
- A “Shop and Compare” tool that shows where plans and rates are available in your area, and what providers work with your plan.
- A Searchable database for a certified enrollment partner, agent, or navigator in your area who can help you sign up for health insurance. You can also have a certified enroller contact you through the “Help on Demand” feature.
- Assistance to determine eligibility for financial support for private health insurance or Medi-Cal. Please visit Covered California’s website for details on eligibility.
- An independent agency of state government, overseen by a five-member board, whose job is to make the individual health insurance market work for you.
- Mobile information sessions in Santa Cruz and Salinas on November 7, 2017. For more information, please visit Covered California’s website.
Whether you are renewing your coverage or newly enrolling, please take the time to learn which health insurance plan is best for you and your family. Although we are unable to directly enroll you in a program, please feel free to contact my office at 831-429-1976 to assist you with any questions that you may have about enrollment in Covered California.